GABR - Great American Bike Race
The mission of the Sanford Health Foundation Great American Bike Race is to support children and young adults with cerebral palsy and other related childhood onset conditions permanently affecting development.
Beginning in 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for assistance:
- Be under 21 years old at the time of submission
- Live within the GABR service area (see below)
- Have a diagnosis that meets the mission of GABR—defined as cerebral palsy or other childhood onset condition that permanently affects development
- Meet financial eligibility requirements (see below)
- Exhaust all Medicaid assistance options
- Adhere to a maximum of $20,000/year in requested funds. This includes the following funding caps:
- $2,000 per year for non-traditional therapy
- $10,000 in a five-year period for vehicle modifications
- $10,000 in a five-year period for home modifications
The 2022 quarterly application deadlines are March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1.
GABR service area
Applicants must reside in one of the following counties.
The patient's or financial guarantor's taxable income must be equal or less than 500% of the federal poverty guidelines (see table below).