Sanford Health Equity in Education Scholarship
The Sanford Health Equity in Education Scholarship is a targeted financial scholarship program aiding underrepresented and traditionally underserved populations seeking higher education. The scholarship application is open to Sanford Health employees and the broader community.
Award recipients must demonstrate exceptional character and leadership in furthering their own progress and in enriching the lives of others, especially in service, academics, and community involvement and impact.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- First Generation American
- First Generation College Student
- Non-traditional Student aged 25 years old or older
Applicants must also:
- Maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing a degree as a full-time* student:
- Enrolled in a degree seeking higher education institution
- Undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree
- Public or private, US-based accredited institution of higher education
- Have at least one full year of schooling remaining
*Full-time as determined by your institution and program of study.
- The selection committee is designated by the Sanford Health Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Applications will be reviewed and scholarship recipients will be selected in accordance with the written criteria established.
- All qualified applicants will be considered.
- All application criteria, questions and appropriate paperwork must be completed to be considered. Specific examples of activities and achievements are especially helpful to the selection committee.
- Finalists will be notified in October 2021 via e-mail and letter. We ask that you do not contact officials asking if you were chosen as a finalist.
- Each scholarship awarded will be $5,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded in four equal payments in January, April, July and October following being awarded the scholarship. After the first payment, students must send in an official letter from their school of choice stating the student is in good standing. Students must continue to attend classes and maintain no lower than a 3.0 grade-point average (or equivalent).
- This scholarship is not renewable. Awardees must reapply on a yearly basis.
- Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- Essay to demonstrate community service, scholarship, humble leadership, and/or impact.
- Enrollment letter and/or transcript
- Two character recommendations
- 250-word bio
- Dedication to community service.
- Actively pursuing education listening and learning by doing.
- Humble Leadership
- Bringing people together to achieve uncommon results.
- Advancing an idea or cause to make the world a better place.
*Due to the scholarship is being sent directly to the applicant, applicable taxes will be taken out and the recipient will need to fill out an W9 form before receiving their first check. A blank W9 will be provided before first payment is made.