Sanford Health Equity in Education Scholarship
Please open this link in Chrome!
The Sanford Health Equity in Education Scholarship is a targeted financial scholarship program aiding underrepresented and traditionally underserved populations seeking higher education. The scholarship application is open to Sanford Health employees and the broader community.
Award recipients must demonstrate exceptional character and leadership in furthering their own progress and in enriching the lives of others, especially in service, academics, and community involvement and impact.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- First Generation American
- First Generation College Student
- Non-traditional Student aged 25 years old or older
Applicants must also:
- Maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing a degree as a full-time* student:
- Enrolled in a degree seeking higher education institution
- Undergraduate degree
- Public or private, US-based accredited institution of higher education
- Have at least one full year of schooling remaining
*Full-time as determined by your institution and program of study.
- Essay to demonstrate community service, scholarship, humble leadership, and/or impact.
- Enrollment letter and/or transcript
- Two character recommendations
- 250-word bio
- Service - Dedication to community service.
- Scholarship - Actively pursuing education listening and learning by doing.
- Humble Leadership - Bringing people together to achieve uncommon results.
- Impact - Advancing an idea or cause to make the world a better place.
- The selection committee is designated by the Sanford Health Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Applications will be reviewed and scholarship recipients will be selected in accordance with the written criteria established.
- All qualified applicants will be considered.
- All application criteria, questions and appropriate paperwork must be completed to be considered. Specific examples of activities and achievements are especially helpful to the selection committee.
- Finalists will be notified via e-mail. We ask that you do not contact officials asking if you were chosen as a finalist.
Award: Five, $5,000 Scholarships
Award Distribution: Scholarships will be awarded in four equal payments in January, April, July and October following being awarded the scholarship. After the first payment, students must send in an official letter from their school of choice stating the student is in good standing. Students must continue to attend classes and maintain no lower than a 3.0 grade-point average (or equivalent).
Scholarship awards are paid directly to you, the employee or student, to ensure a smooth transition of funds please follow the below steps:
- Employees - Please make sure to have your direct deposit set up in One Source (Workday) prior to the end of the desired semester or before payment is to be sent. For step by step instructions on how to set this up refer to the Manage Payment Elections for Expense Reimbursements located on the One Source Expenses article.
- Students - The application has a section to complete and upload your W-9 form, please complete this prior to submitting your application. Once we confirm your W-9 form is completed accurately, a paper check will be mailed to the address listed on the W-9 form.
Renewal Process: This scholarship is not renewable. Awardees must reapply on a yearly basis.
For questions or technical assistance, please email EducationalAssistance@sanfordhealth.org.