Sanford Health Military and Veteran Scholarship
The Sanford Health Military and Veteran Scholarship is awarded to any veteran, Guard/Reserve, or active duty military service member who has demonstrated leadership and commitment in his/her community.
Award recipients must have demonstrated exceptional character and leadership in furthering their own progress and in enriching the lives of others, especially in service, academics, and community involvement.
• Veteran, Guard/Reserve, and active duty military service members.
• Military veterans pursuing a degree as a full-time* student: – Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree – Graduate or professional degree – Community College/Vocational. At public or private, US-based accredited institution of higher education *Full-time as determined by your institution and program of study.
• The selection committee is designated by the Sanford Health Military and Veteran Scholarship Director.
• Applications will be reviewed and scholarship recipients will be selected in accordance with the written criteria established. • All qualified applicants will be considered.
• All application criteria, questions and appropriate paperwork must be completed to be considered. Specific examples of activities and achievements are especially helpful to the selection committee.
• Finalists will be notified in October 2022 via e-mail and letter. We ask that you do not contact officials asking if you were chosen as a finalist.
• Each scholarship awarded will be $5000 to be paid in four equal installments directly to the recipient.
• Scholarships will be awarded in four equal payments in January, April, July and October following being awarded the scholarship. Students must send in an official letter from their school of choice stating the student is in good standing. Students must continue to attend classes and maintain no lower than a 3.0 grade-point average (or equivalent).
• This scholarship is not renewable. Veteran, Guard/Reserve and active duty military service members must reapply on a yearly basis.
• Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- DD-214 or statement of service from current command (Must serve honorably)
- Essay to demonstrate service, scholarship, humble leadership, and/or impact (Minimum of 3 pages)
- Financial worksheet
- Character recommendation from a third party
- 250 word biography
• Service – Dedication to service beyond self in and out of uniform.
• Scholarship – Actively pursuing education listening and learning by doing.
• Humble leadership – Bringing people together to achieve uncommon results.
• Impact – Advancing an idea or cause to make the world a better place.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION The deadline for submitting all required paperwork and documentation is September 30, 2022. Applications will not be considered if documentation or paperwork is missing.
*Due to the fact that the scholarship is being sent directly to the applicant, applicable taxes will be taken out and the recipient will need to fill out an W-9 form before receiving their first check. If you are a Sanford employee, the money will be directly deposited into your account and the taxes will be deducted.