Sanford Health Network Scholarship Application
Please open this link in Chrome!
Sanford Health supports lifelong learning and is pleased to offer financial support for students who are continuing education in a field that can enhance their contributions across Sanford’s footprint. By offering this scholarship, Sanford is making an investment in our region’s future workforce and all the communities we serve.
Purpose: Support students pursuing a post-secondary degree in a health care related field.
Student Qualification Requirements:
- Applicants should have an affiliation with a participating Sanford Network facility. (Examples include: employee, relative of an employee, community resident, patient, etc)
- Accepted into a healthcare program at an accredited, post-secondary institution.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, calculated on a 4.0 grading scale.
- The applicant must upload an official transcript of grades from their last completed semester of study. The transcript must show current grade point average.
- Participating facilities include:
|IOWA||MINNESOTA||NORTH DAKOTA||SOUTH DAKOTA|
|- Sanford Sheldon Medical Center, Clinic & LTC||- Sanford Health Alexandria||- Devils Lake||- Sanford Aberdeen Medical Center|
|- Sanford Canby Medical Center||- Edgeley||- Community Memorial Hospital - Burke, SD|
|- Sanford Health Detroit Lakes Clinic||- Ellendale||- Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center|
|- East Grand Forks||- Enderlin||- Sanford Chamberlain Medical Center|
|- Halstad||- Finley||- Sanford Clear Lake Medical Center|
|- Sanford Jackson Medical Center & Clinic||- Forman||- Sanford Vermillion Medical Center|
|- Sanford Luverne Medical Center||- Grand Forks||- Watertown|
|- Mahnomen County||- Gwinner||- Webster|
|- Parkers Prairie||- Hillsboro||- Winner Regional Healthcare Center|
|- Pelican Rapids||- Jamestown|
|- Perham Clinic||- Lamoure|
|- Sanford Tracy Medical Center||- Lidgerwood|
|- Thief River Falls||- LIsbon|
|- Twin Valley||- Mayville|
|- Ulen||- Oakes|
|- Wheaton Medical Center||- Valley City|
|- Sanford Worthington Medical Center||- Wahpeton|
|- Windom Area Health|
|- Westbrook Medical Center & Clinic|
Student Qualification Requirements:
- Scholarship essay addressing all of the following:
- Reasons for choosing a healthcare profession
- Career goals after graduation
- Extracurricular activities and community involvement
- Three professional references
Sanford Health Network scholarship recipients will be selected based upon application information, GPA, essay, references and overall rate of success. All applicants will receive written notification of the scholarship decisions.
- $2,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Students may apply each year they qualify with a lifetime scholarship limit of $4,000.
Award Distribution: For questions or technical assistance, Scholarship awards are paid directly to you, the employee or student, to ensure a smooth transition of funds please follow the below steps:
Employees - Please make sure to have your direct deposit set up in One Source (Workday) prior to the end of the desired semester or before payment is to be sent. For step by step instructions on how to set this up refer to the Manage Payment Elections for Expense Reimbursements located on the One Source Expenses article.
Students - The application has a section to complete and upload your W-9 form, please complete this prior to submitting your application. Once we confirm your W-9 form is completed accurately, a paper check will be mailed to the address listed on the W-9 form.
For questions or technical assistance, please email EducationalAssistance@sanfordhealth.org.